Classically trained, world-class private corporate chef, published food stylist and food specialist with 36 years of international experience at some of the most prestigious restaurants, resorts and employers in England, France, the Bahamas, the United States and Canada. Possessing excellent work ethics, articulate, confident and personable team player, he is experienced at interacting with the public and the media. Ian is an energetic, dedicated individual with unlimited potential, enthusiasm and goals.
FREELANCE FOOD STYLIST, 1997 - ONGOING
- FOOD STYLIST / RECIPE DEVELOPMENT
- Currently developing live—action video content to evolve for revolutionary enhanced media applications. Defines food trends, develops original recipes, sources produce, cooks and styles food and drinks on set for magazine, advertorial features and packaging.
PRIVATE CORPORATE CHEF, 1997 - 2003, TORONTO, CANADA
- LAURENCE TANENBAUM & COMPANY
- Planned / directed food preparation, beverage requirements, sourced the finest produce, created and implemented special events including private and corporate entertainment.
PRIVATE CORPORATE CHEF, 1990 - 1997, TORONTO, CANADA
- GALEN & HILARY WESTON
- Private chef traveling between four principal residences in Canada, England, the Bahamas and the United States. Menu planning, sourcing local and seasonal suppliers to provide food and beverage requirements. Members of Royalty, Heads of State frequently included in dining arrangements.
ASSISTANT PASTRY CHEF, 1990 VAIL, COLORADO, USA / VENICE SIMPLON ORIENT EXPRESS, UK
- THE LODGE AT VAIL
- Selection and preparation of bread, fine pastries and desserts for luxurious alpine resort's three restaurants and celebrity clientele.
SOUS CHEF, 1987 - 1999, ELEUTHERA, BAHAMAS / VENICE SIMPLON ORIENT EXPRESS, UK
- WINDERMERE ISLAND CLUB
- As Chef and Head Chef, improved upon culinary delights offered, dramatically built and sustained the standard of cuisine at this successful and highly acclaimed and exclusive hotel.
HEAD CHEF, 1986 - 1987, GOSPORT, UK
- THE COCKED HAT
- Responsible for food preparation and service, inventory control and management of staff at this popular 130 seat seaside restaurant property.
ASSISTANT PASTRY CHEF, 1986, PARIS, FRANCE
- HOTEL DE CRILLON
- Trained in the great French tradition with the Head Pastry Chef at one of the oldest and most celebrated Relais Gourmand Luxury hotels in Paris.